Frequently Asked Questions
Table of contents:
- What is Buddy Enterprise?
- How is Buddy Enterprise different from cloud-hosted?
- What system requirements does it have?
- How is the installation distributed?
- How is Buddy Enterprise licensed?
- What do I get in the Basic version of the service?
- What are the benefits of upgrading to Enterprise?
- Which payment methods are accepted?
What is Buddy Enterprise?
Buddy Enterprise is the on-premises installation of Buddy that you can host on your own server.
How is Buddy Enterprise different from cloud-hosted?
What system requirements does it have?
Minimum system requirements are 4GB of RAM and 20GB of disk space. The rest depends on the size of the team and volume of your data. You can view detailed requirements here.
How is the installation distributed?
Buddy Enterprise can be installed on every kind of OS which supports Docker: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows (coming soon) as well as cloud hosting services like DigitalOcean, Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure.
How is Buddy Enterprise licensed?
Buddy Enterprise uses Fair Source Licence, which means you can see the source code of the software and use it for free for a limited number of users in your organization (up to 50). You can also upgrade your instance to Enterprise to remove the limit and receive a series of exclusive features (see below).
What do I get in the Basic version of the service?
Buddy Enterprise comes with all features of the cloud version, including Docker-based builds, automatic deployments, website monitoring actions, code browser, merge requests and branch push permissions.
What are the benefits of upgrading to Enterprise?
- Dedicated company support
- Ability to upload own SSL certificate
- Custom domain for your standalone installation
- Project access restrictions for individual users
Which payment methods are accepted?
The price for the Enterprise Edition is $75 per every 5 users /month. Invoices can be paid by credit card or PayPal transfers.