This tutorial shows how to install Buddy On-Premises on a macOS machine.
Installing Docker for macOS
Download Docker for macOS from the official website.
Docker.dmgto open the installer and drag the Docker icon to the Applications folder.
- Double-click the Docker icon in the Applications menu. A whale icon in the menu bar indicates that Docker is running.
- Click the whale icon and open Preferences.
- Go to Resources and set the memory to 4 GB:
- Click Apply & Restart
With Docker running, run this command to download the Docker image and install Buddy:
curl -sSL https://get.buddy.works | sh && sudo buddy install$
22for communication. If these ports are not available, the installer asks to provide alternative ports.
HOMEdirectory. You can change the storage path for databases, repositories, and settings using the CLI.
HTTP_PROXYenvironment variable on the Linux server. Run this command:
bash export HTTP_PROXY="http://proxyIp:proxyPort"
Setting up a workspace
- Use the URL provided in the summary to access Buddy On-Premises.
- Provide the details of your first workspace.