Deploy to AWS CloudFormation
The AWS CloudFormation action lets you create, update and delete CF stacks on a push to branch, recurrently on a time interval, or manually on a click.
Example pipeline with CloudFormation
- Create a new project in Buddy and select your Git provider:
Creating a new project
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and branch from which you want to deploy.
Adding a new pipeline
- Look up AWS on the action list and click AWS CloudFormation to add it to the pipeline:
Amazon Web Services actions
- Within the action, you first select the method you need and provide your CloudFormation stack's details to proceed. There are four methods available:
AWS CloudFormation method select
- Once you add the method, you will be able to adjust additional settings available within the action. The action has five configuration tabs in total:
- Run – here you select the AWS integration and provide the deployment command
- Environment – if your process requires specific dependencies, you can install them here. The files will stay cached in the container for future pipeline runs
- Variables – here you can view the variables created by your AWS integration, and create your own if required
- Conditions – here you configure the trigger conditions for which the action will run
- Options – here you define the action's name and behavior on failure and timeout
AWS CloudFormation action configuration
- When ready, click Add this action to finish configuration.
Last modified on January 25, 2024