Integrating your project with Shopify allows you to create a pipeline that will update your Shopify themes on every push to branch. You can also use the Shopify CLI action for more advanced operations.
Example Shopify workflow
- Add a new pipeline and select your Shopify action from the Cloud section:
Shopify actions in Buddy
- Click the Integration field in the Transfer tab to add a new integration. A configuration window will appear.
Add new integration
Here you need to provide:
- integration name, e.g.
My Shopify integration
- Sharing scope and Availability in the workspace
- Store URL and the Access Token or the API Key depending on the authorization method you have chosen
Shopify integration screen
- Once configured, you will be able to select the theme and deploy it to your Shopify store:
Shopify action overview
- Log in to your Shopify account and select the store to which you want to deploy.
Go to your shop at:
- Click Create an app to add a new application.
Once added, click Configure Admin API scopes and select these scopes:
Configuring API access scopes
- Save changes and click Install app to add it to your store.
- Copy the newly generated token to Buddy to finish configuration.
API credentials view
Last modified on May 29, 2023