By adding Honeybadger integration to your Buddy pipeline you will be able to identify and debug errors & exceptions when they occur in the production so you can quickly decide whether to apply a hotfix or roll back changes.
You can also use Honeybadger for:
- Uptime monitoring – checking your sites & services externally from different locations in the world and notifying you if they’re down
- Check-in monitoring – your services & cron jobs check in to Honeybadger and it notifies you if they go missing
Buddy is a pipeline delivery automation tool that integrates with Honeybadger and other monitoring services. If you've never used Buddy before, this article will show you the ropes.
Setting up Honeybadger integration:
To integrate Buddy with Honeybadger follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Honeybadger and go to User Settings
- Head to Authentication and copy your Honeybadger API Token:
- Go to the pipeline that you want to track in Buddy and select Honeybadger action from the
Performance & App monitoringsection
- Click Add another Honeybadger account
- A pop-up will appear. Enter the name of your Honeybadger account and paste the API key:
- When authenticated, select the project and fill the environment field.
The full list of supported variables is available here.
If you want to add, edit or delete yet another Honeybadger integration, have a look at this article.