Google Cloud Platform
Follow these steps to add Google as the OIDC SSO provider for your workspace:
- Open Buddy SSO settings in one browser tab and switch to Open ID connect.
- In another tab, sign in to the Google Cloud Platform:
- Go to APIs & Services and click OAuth consent screen.
- Select the application's type click Create.
If you only want to log users from your organization, select 'Internal'.
- Provide app information:
- app name
- support email
- other links and media required by your organization
- Set the authorized domain to the root domain of Buddy, i.e.
- Proceed to the next step and select the scopes. Make sure to check:
- userinfo.email (the ID of the user in Buddy)
- The next step lets you test the settings on selected email addresses. If everything's working fine, click Save and continue to publish the app.
- Check the summary and go back to the dashboard.
- Go to Credentials and click
- Create credentials
- Configure the ID as follows:
- set the type to
- enter the name
- Add URI
- Click Create and copy the client ID and client secret
- Switch back to Buddy and fill the inputs:
- Issuer URL →
- Client ID → the value of Google's client ID
- Client secret → the value of Google's client secret
- Click Test configuration and enable SSO on success.
- Sign in to your Google account to save the SSO configuration.
Learn more about SSO implementation and configuration in Buddy:
Last modified on May 10, 2023