Branches are independent lines of development allowing devs to work on features, fix bugs and test stuff without the risk of messing up the main line (master branch). With Buddy, you can create, merge and manage branches in a just a few clicks.
Creating a new branch
- Go to your project and click the Code tab.
- Switch the tab to Branches and click Add a new branch in the right column.
- Provide the name, description (optional), and set the starting point from the dropdown menu (branch, tag, or commit).
- Click the blue button to create the branch.
Create a new branch
Please mind it might take a few seconds until the branch is generated.
- Go to Code tab and switch to the Merges tab
- Click the Merge... button on the right and choose the source and target branches
- When ready, click Merge now.
What you need to know about merging branches
- You can merge two branches only if there are no conflicts between them
- The comparison status shows you the number of commits ahead (green) and behind (red) the selected branch
Changing the default branch in the repository
You can change the default branch for the repository in the right column of the Branches tab. This branch will be default when you clone the repository, or when you browse the source in Buddy.
You must have admin permissions to view and change this setting.
Last modified on April 26, 2022