Adding the Rollbar integration to your pipeline will allow you to track deployments by sending automatic notifications to your Rollbar project.
Buddy is a pipeline delivery automation tool that integrates with Rollbar and other notification services. If you've never used Buddy before, this article will show you the ropes.
Setting up Rollbar integration:
- Log in to Rollbar and go to your account settings.
- Switch to the Account Access Tokens and copy the read token:
- Go to the pipeline with the deployment action that you want to track in Buddy.
- Click + at the end of the pipeline and select Rollbar from the
- A pop-up will appear. Enter the name of your Rollbar account and paste the token:
- The next step is configuring the application. Select the Rollbar project to which you want to send the notifications and set up the variables to post:
The full list of supported variables is available here.
If you want to add, edit or delete yet another Rollbar integration, have a look at this article.
Solving problems with tokens
Buddy requires a token with the
post_server_item scope in your Rollbar project to send deployments. If you don’t have such token in the project, you will receive the following message:
This action requires a token with the “post_server_item” scope. Please add the token in your Rollbar project settings and refresh.
To solve this, go to the project’s settings in your Rollbar account, switch to the Project Access Tokens tab, and add a new token with the missing scope:
When done, refresh your browser – Buddy will automatically pick up the token with the correct scope.