Deploy to AWS App Runner
Buddy lets you deploy applications and APIs to the AWS App Runner service. The instructions below will help you configure a pipeline that will streamline the whole process to a simple push to Git.
Example pipeline with AWS App Runner deployment and monitoring
- Create a new project in Buddy and select your Git provider:
Creating a new project
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and branch from which you want to deploy.
Adding a new pipeline
Buddy offers two AWS App Runner actions:
- App Runner Deploy: lets you deploy containerized apps and APIs to Amazon Web Services
- App Runner Monitor: waits until the deployment has finished and checks the status of the deployed application
This action has four configuration tabs:
- Deploy – here you select the AWS integration and select the region and the ARN of the App Runner service
- Variables – here you can view your AWS integration variables, and create your own if required
- Conditions – here you configure the trigger conditions for which the action will run
- Options – here you define the action's name and behavior on failure and additional options
AWS App Runner Deploy configuration
This action is very similar to App Runner Deploy. The 'Wait until ready' option lets you define the time after which the action will call a timeout if the application doesn't respond.
AWS App Runner Monitor configuration
Last modified on January 24, 2024