Deploy to DigitalOcean
If you are new to Buddy, check out our quickstart guides that will tell you how to create build, test and deploy your type of application.
Buddy turns deployments into a breeze, allowing you to update your DigitalOcean droplets on every push to branch. You can also deploy manually on click, or recurrently on time intervals.
Buddy pipeline example
- Create a new project, select your Git provider and choose the repository with your project
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and branch from which you want to deploy
- Look up DigitalOcean and click Droplet on the action list: DigitalOcean actions
- Authorize Buddy in your DigitalOcean account: Logging in to your Digital Ocean account
- Configure action details:
- select authentication mode and provide the details to your server Digital Ocean configuration
If you are using build actions in your pipeline, make sure to select the Filesystem as the source to deploy artifacts and processed files.
- When ready, click Add this action to finish configuration.
Click the Test button to verify connection to your server before saving the action.
Buddy's deployment is based on changesets. This means only changed files are deployed, which makes it lightning fast ⚡️. The first deployment is always performed from scratch, unless you set a revision on the server beforehand.
- Select Repository as the Source to deploy only the files from your repository. If you use build actions, select Pipeline Filesystem as the Source to add artifacts, processed files & uploaded static files.
- You can use environment variables to store authentication details to your servers.
- You can use Ignore paths to exclude files for deployment in More Options.
Last modified on August 31, 2022