Integrating with GitHub will allow you to use it as a Git hosting provider and log in to the workspace with your GitHub profile.
Register GitHub OAuth app
- Log in to your Buddy instance as admin.
- Add a new project and select GitHub as the provider.
- A screen will appear with details on how the integration works. Click Configure GitHub app to proceed:
- Copy the Authorization Callback URL line. You will need it to register the OAuth application in your GitHub account.
- Log in to your account on GitHub.
Go to Developer settings → OAuth Apps and add a new OAuth application with the following settings:
- Application name →
- Homepage URL → the public URL of your Buddy instance
- Authorization callback URL
→ the callback URL that you copied in step #3
Click Register application to finish configuration.
- Generate a new
Client secretand paste it in the corresponding input in Buddy together with the
- Restart Buddy to apply changes.
- You will now be able to use the newly configured app to authorize in your GitHub account: