Deploy to DigitalOcean Spaces
If you are new to Buddy, check out our quickstart guides that will tell you how to create build, test and deploy your type of application.
Buddy turns deployments into a breeze, allowing you to update assets in your DigitalOcean buckets on every push to branch. You can also deploy manually on click, or recurrently on time intervals.
Example of a pipeline using DO Spaces
Get DigitalOcean access key
- Log in to your DigitalOcean account and go to API → Tokens/Keys.
- Generate a new Spaces access key and copy its value and secret:
Getting DO access token
Configure DO Spaces Action
- Create a new project, select your Git provider and choose the repository with your project
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and branch from which you want to deploy
- Look up and click DO Spaces on the action list: Buddy IAAS actions
- Enter the integration name and paste the previously copied key and secret: Adding AWS integration
- Configure action details:
- select the region, account and bucket to which you want to deploy DO Spaces action configuration
If you are using build actions in your pipeline, make sure to select the Filesystem as the source to deploy artifacts and processed files.
- When ready, click Add this action to finish configuration.
Click the Test button to verify connection to your server before saving the action.
Buddy's deployment is based on changesets. This means only changed files are deployed, which makes it lightning fast ⚡️. The first deployment is always performed from scratch, unless you set a revision on the server beforehand.
What you need to know
- Select Repository as the Source to deploy only the files from your repository. If you use build actions, select Pipeline Filesystem as the Source to add artifacts, processed files & uploaded static files.
- You can use environment variables to store authentication details to your servers.
- You can use Ignore paths to exclude files for deployment in More Options.