Deploy to Heroku
If you are new to Buddy, check out our quickstart guides that will tell you how to create build, test and deploy your type of application.
Buddy turns deployments into a breeze, allowing you to automatically update your Heroku on every push to branch. You can also deploy manually on click, or recurrently on time intervals.
Configure Heroku action
- Create a new project, select your Git provider and choose the repository with your project.
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and branch from which you want to deploy.
- Look up and click Heroku on the action list:
- Authorize Buddy in your Heroku account:
- Configure action details:
- choose Heroku app to which you want to push the build
If you are using build actions in your pipeline, make sure to select the
Filesystem as the source to deploy artifacts and processed files.
- When ready, click Add this action to finish configuration.
Sometimes you may need to execute specific commands in Heroku before deploying your app. In that case, use the Heroku CLI action.
What you need to know
- Check Don't deploy changes made by previous actions to deploy only the files from your repository. If you use build actions, leave it unchecked to add artifacts, processed files & uploaded static files.
- Check Use custom .gitignore to exclude files for deployment in More Options.