Integrating Buddy Enterprise with Google will allow you to deploy files to your Google Cloud storage, import contacts from Gmail accounts and use your Google account to log in.
Register Google OAuth app
Log in to your Buddy Enterprise workspace as admin.
Go to the workspace Preferences and switch to the Applications tab.
Click Configure under the Google logo and copy the Authorization callback URL line.
Go to https://console.developers.google.com/ and click Project → Create Project at the top navi-bar.
Enter project name, eg.
Buddyand click Create to proceed. Please note you have to agree to the Google’s Terms of Service to proceed.
Go to Library in the left column and enable the following API’s:
- Google+ API
- Contacts API
- Google Cloud Storage JSON API
- Google Cloud Resource Manager API
- Google Container Engine API
Go to Credentials in the left column and switch to the OAuth consent screen tab.
Fill in the application details. Only Product name shown to users is required to proceed. Type
Buddyand click Save to continue.
Click Create credentials → OAuth client ID and select Web application as the type.
Buddyas the name and paste the Authorization callback URI that you’ve copied from Buddy. Click Create to finish credentials configuration.
Copy the Client ID and Client Secret from the OAuth Client box.
Configure Google app in Buddy
- Log back to your Buddy Enterprise workspace as admin.
- Go to the workspace Preferences and switch to the Applications tab.
- Click Configure under the Google logo and paste the ID and Secret.
- Click Save changes and restart the machine to apply the new settings.