Integrating Buddy On-Premises with Google allows you to authenticate in Buddy with your Google credentials.
- Go to On-Premises Admin on Buddy and switch to the 3rd-Party Apps tab.
- Click Google on the service list and leave the window open – you will need it later on.
Google OAuth configuration form
- Next, create a new project in your GCP account.
- Open the sidebar and go to APIs & Services → OAuth consent screen.
- Set the User Type to
Externaland click Create to proceed.
- Fill in the app information and click Save and continue to proceed.
On the next screen, click Add or remove scopes and select these scopes:
OAuth consent screen configuration
- Save the changes and proceed with the rest of the steps to finish configuration.
- Click Publish app to make it available to users with a Google account.
- Next, go to the Credentials tab in the sidebar menu.
- Click Create credentials → OAuth client ID.
Web applicationas the application type and paste the URI callback from your application on Buddy.
- Once you create the credentials, a pop-up with your Client ID and Client Secret will appear. Copy both values and paste them to the form on Buddy.
- Save changes and restart Buddy to finish configuration.
Last modified on March 28, 2022