Update Buddy On-Premises regularly to stay up-to-date with new features, bug fixes, and improvements.
To check your version of Buddy and Buddy CLI, run:
To update your Buddy instance, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the machine where Buddy On-Premises is installed.
Stop the application:
Run this command to check if an update is available:
- If a new version is available, Buddy shows the version number and instructions for getting the update.
- Download the new version.
Start Buddy CLI. Run:
Run this command to update your instance:
The update can take several minutes. Don't close the terminal until the update is complete.
buddy updatecommand. Read this document to learn more about backups.
If the update procedure fails, it's usually because there's not enough disk space to complete the process.
Here's what you can do to successfully resume the installation:
- Free up the space on the disk where Buddy On-Premises is installed. Make sure to free at least double the amount your application occupies in
- Remove all backups in the
~/.buddy/app/backupsdirectory except the latest file.
Restore the application to the latest backup:
Run the update again:
Last modified on September 8, 2022