Docker Hub pull limit
Starting November 1, 2020, Docker Hub will impose limits on the number of pulls that can be performed in a specific time interval.
Pipelines in Buddy are based on Docker images. Almost every action is run in a Docker container. The containers are launched from official images pulled from Docker Hub. By default, the images are pulled as
Anonymous User with a limit of 100 pulls per every 6 hours.
This article shows how to configure your on-premises instance to remove the limit on the number of pulls from Docker Hub.
The limit only applies to the on-premises version of Buddy. If you are using Buddy in cloud, you don't need to do anything.
How to remove the limit
- Log in to your Docker Hub account.
- Go to https://hub.docker.com/settings/security.
- Create an access token and copy it.
We strongly recommend that you upgrade your Docker Hub account to a paid plan to remove the limit entirely. Otherwise, the configuration will only increase the limit from 100 to 200 pulls.
- Log in as admin in your Buddy on-premises instance.
- Go to the On-Premises Admin panel and switch to the 3rd-Party Apps tab.
Alternatively, you can go to
- Click the
Docker Hubapp and provide your username and token. Although you can provide password instead of the access token, we don't recommend it as it's less secure.
- Save changes to apply the settings.