Deploy to Rackspace
If you are new to Buddy, check out our quickstart guides that will tell you how to build, test and deploy your type of application.
Buddy turns deployments into a breeze, allowing you to automatically update your Rackspace Cloud Files on every push to branch. You can also deploy manually on click, or recurrently on time intervals.
Get Rackspace API key
- Log in to your Rackspace Cloud panel.
- Go to My Profile & Settings (top-right) and copy the key from Security Settings:
Configure Rackspace Action
- Create a new project, select your Git provider and choose the repository with your project
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and branch from which you want to deploy
- Look up and click Rackspace on the action list
- Configure Rackspace integration
- enter the name of your integration
- paste the Rackspace API key that you copied from the Rackspace panel
- Once the integration is added, you will be able to configure the details of your deployment:
If you are using build actions in your pipeline, make sure to select the Filesystem as the source to deploy artifacts and processed files.
- When ready, click Add this action to finish configuration.
Click the Test button to verify connection details before saving the action.
Buddy's deployment is based on changesets. This means only changed files are deployed, which makes it lightning fast ⚡️. The first deployment is always performed from scratch, unless you set a revision on the server beforehand.
What you need to know
- Select Repository as the Source to deploy only the files from your repository. If you use build actions, select Pipeline Filesystem as the Source to add artifacts, processed files & uploaded static files.
- You can use environment variables to store authentication details to your servers.
- You can use Ignore paths to exclude files for deployment in More Options.