CI/CD for Django
Buddy allows you to build, test and deploy Django applications on a single push to branch:
Configuration is very easy takes only a couple of minutes.
1. Choose your Git provider:
- Custom Git repository
2. Select the repository with your project
Buddy will examine the contents of your project and define its type.
3. Add a new pipeline
A pipeline is a series of actions that process and deploy your code.
- Manual (on click) – recommended for Production
- On push (automatic) – recommended for Development
- Recurrently (on time interval) – recommended for Staging/Testing
Branch assignment – this is the branch from which Buddy will deploy
4. Add actions
Buddy will suggest some actions depending on the type of your project (along a couple of popular ones). Let's add those that will build and deploy your application.
- Run Commands
: Executed on every run. Use it to build your application and fetch the project's dependencies. The default commands are:
pip install -r requirements.txt python manage.py test
- Environment Customization
: Run on first execution only. Use it to install tools & packages required to run the build commands.
INFO: Buddy's deployment is based on changesets. This means only changed files are deployed which makes it very fast.