Deploy to Microsoft Azure
If you are new to Buddy, check out our quickstart guides that will tell you how to create build, test and deploy your type of application.
Buddy turns deployments into a breeze, allowing you to automatically update your servers on every push to branch. You can also deploy manually on click, or recurrently on time intervals.
Download profile from Azure
- Log in to Microsoft Azure Portal.
- Go to your web app's blade and click Overview. There will be a Get publish profile link at the top. Click it to download the XML file with the publishing data:
Configure Azure deployment
- Create a new project, select your Git provider and choose the repository with your project
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and branch from which you want to deploy
- Look up and click Azure App Service on the action list:
Configure action details. Paste the following values from the XML file:
Click Add this action to finish configuration.
What you need to know
- You can use environment variables to store authentication details to your servers.
- Check Use custom .gitignore to exclude files for deployment in More Options.
- Check Don't deploy changes made by previous actions to deploy only the files from your repository. If you use build actions, leave it unchecked to add artifacts, processed files & uploaded static files.