Deploy to Azure App Service
Buddy turns deployments into a breeze, allowing you to automatically update your servers on every push to branch. You can also deploy manually on click, or recurrently on time intervals.
Example pipeline with deployment to Microsoft Azure
- Log in to the Microsoft Azure Portal.
- Go to your web app's blade and click Overview. There will be a
Get publish profilelink at the top. Click it to download the XML file with the publishing data:
Fetching publish profile from Azure
- Create a new project in Buddy and select your Git provider:
Creating a new project
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and the branch from which you want to deploy.
Adding a new pipeline
- Look up Azure on the action list and click App Service to add it to the pipeline:
Microsoft Azure actions
- The action has four configuration tabs:
- Push – here you provide the Git URL to your application in Azure, login credentials, and the App Service deployment branch
- Variables – here you can add and modify environment variables required by your workflow
- Conditions – here you configure the trigger conditions for which the action will run
- Options – here you define the action's name and behavior on failure and timeout
Azure configuration details
- When ready, click Add this action to finish configuration.
Last modified on December 12, 2023