You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action executes Heroku CLI commands. The Heroku Command Line Interface (CLI) makes it easy to create and manage your Heroku apps directly from the terminal. It’s an essential part of using Heroku.
How it works
The action launches a container with preinstalled Heroku CLI. Once launched, it’s already authorized against provided in the action settings of Heroku account. The container has mounted pipeline filesystem which contains pulled repository.
The action uses Buddy’s OAuth integration with a Heroku account.
Heroku CLI Action Features
- The commands support Environment Variables and Buddy Params
- The field
Run commandssupports multiple commands (one per line), piping commands together, or splitting a single command into multiple lines with (backslash) at the end of each line
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Heroku CLI YAML parameters and Heroku CLI YAML config example
- Buddy's Heroku CLI API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Optionally it’s possible to select Heroku application using the action UI, in that case parameter --app is not needed
- The commands are executed in the context of the pipeline’s filesystem, it means that if a command creates a file, it will stay in the filesystem
- It’s possible to get data from Heroku and pass it to settable environment variables which can be later used by the next actions in the pipeline
- Action is marked as failed when a command exits with non-zero value
More about Heroku CLI
Do more with Heroku CLI
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Heroku CLI with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.