How to add and use pipelines?
Pipelines allow you to build, test and deploy apps and websites with actions arranged in sequence. You can, for example, use Buddy to upload files to the server and update assets on AWS on every push to branch, or create a pipeline that will build, test and deploy your mobile app.
- Go to the Pipelines and click Add a new pipeline
- Enter the Name of the pipeline (eg. Build and Deploy)
- Select the Trigger Mode: Manual (on click), On every push (automatic) or Recurrent
- Select the Branch or Tag that will be assigned to the pipeline
- (Optional) Add a Wildcard pattern for the pipeline
- Confirm changes with the button when ready
Clicking More options will expand additional features:
- Target website URL so you can quickly check on the website after applying changes
- Visibility allowing you to hide the scenario from workspace members
What you need to know about pipelines:
- You can add and manage actions by clicking Manage actions in this pipeline in the pipeline settings
- The actions are executed in a strict order from top to bottom
- You can drag and drop the actions to change their order
- You can add Actions run on failure that will be executed only if one of the preceding actions has failed. This is useful for setting notifications that will let you know of failed builds or deployments.
- Actions run on back to normal are executed only if the pipeline status has changed from failed to successful
- The number of actions in one pipeline is unlimited
Please mind that if you don't see the Pipelines tab it means that either your repository is empty or you don't have the permissions to use them. In the latter case, please contact the workspace owner or an admin.
If you need advice or are having problems setting up your pipelines, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.