GitHub - Features, integrations, alternatives & more
What it does
GitHub integration allows for running Buddy’s CI/CD pipelines on every push, manually or recurrently. The integration with GitHub is seamless. Setting it up and creating a GitHub connected project takes seconds. Buddy fully supports GitHub Enterprise too.
How it works
Buddy uses GitHub’s OAuth authorization to connect. It means that GitHub asks for the user’s permission to integrate with Buddy. Once the integration is enabled, Buddy lists available GitHub repositories to create the new project for.
Once a project is created, Buddy will add a webhook to your repository that will allow trigger pipeline executions on every change to the repository. The content of the repo will be mirrored in read-only mode in the Code tab, where you can also browse your files and view commit history without leaving Buddy.
Buddy uses only read-only access to GitHub repositories.
GitHub Integration Features
- Automatic creation of build environments and delivery pipelines with state of the art easy to use Buddy’s UX for flexible customization
- Pushing pipeline execution status back to GitHub, so GitHub’s pull requests are marked with the GitHub’s UI with proper execution results (ex: tests). It’s possible to disable this feature
- In case a single commit triggers multiple pipelines, the status of each pipeline will be pushed to GitHub, so it’s possible to see that a commit has been tested but not yet deployed
- Upon integrating, it’s possible to select to which organization and projects Buddy can have access to
- Run pipelines on every push to GitHub, manually or recurrently
- It’s possible to have many integrations with GitHub accounts, for example each for every client
- Advanced triggers on push: tag, pull request and push to a branch (wildcards supported)
- Caching of repository content for blazing fast pipeline executions
- Easy to connect and easy to disconnect a repository via Buddy’s UI
- GitHub pushes are reflected on Buddy’s activity stream in real-time
- Easy forcing manual synchronization in case GitHub fails to notify Buddy about new Git commits
- Status Badge and Notifications