You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action creates and updates resources in a Kubernetes cluster through running
kubectl apply. This is the recommended way of managing Kubernetes applications on production.
How it works
The action, apart from executing
kubectl apply continuously, checks up to 90 minutes if the deployment is applied. If something goes wrong, the action fails with a proper error message.
Kubernetes Apply Deployment Action Features
- Private, Google Kubernetes Engine, Amazon EKS and Azure AKS clusters are supported
- Basic, Token, Client Certificates & Service Account authentication modes are supported
- Config file is selected from the pipeline filesystem, which means it can be generated in an action preceding the K8s deployment step
- Any version of
kubectlis supported, including the latest
- There are different Record modes supported: update the existing annotation value only if one already exists, Record the command and Don’t record the command
- Possible options: Cascade, Force, Overwrite, Select all the specified resources, Validate and prune
- For Prune, whitelisting is supported
- Grace period and timeout is settable
- Input fields:
GracePeriodsupport Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Apply Kubernetes Deployment YAML parameters and Apply Kubernetes Deployment YAML config example
- Buddy's Apply Kubernetes Deployment API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
Do more with Apply Kubernetes Deployment
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Apply Kubernetes Deployment with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.