You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action executes provided kubectl CMDs against any Kubernetes clusters. In case the commands exit with an error, the action fails.
How it works
This action runs a Docker container with the preinstalled selected version of kubectl. It is already authorized against the provided Kubernetes cluster. The only thing to do is to provide
kubectl commands to be executed on the Kubernetes cluster. The commands are executed in the context of the pipeline’s filesystem which contains a cloned repository.
Run kubectl CMDs Action Features
- The field Run commands supports multiple commands (one per line), piping commands together, or splitting a single command into multiple lines with (backslash) at the end of each line
- In the commands it’s possible to use Buddy Params and Environment Variables
- Supported clusters: Private, Google Kubernetes Engine, Amazon EKS and Azure AKS
- Supported authentication modes: Basic, Token, Client Certificates & Service Account
- Any version of Kubectl is supported including the latest
- Input fields: Server, Username, Password support Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Run kubectl CMDs YAML parameters and Run kubectl CMDs YAML config example
- Buddy's Run kubectl CMDs API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
Do more with Run kubectl CMDs
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Run kubectl CMDs with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.