December 7, 2017
New integration: Honeybadger
Honeybadger helps developers identify and debug errors & exceptions when they occur in the production so you can quickly decide whether to apply a hotfix or roll back changes.
You can also use Honeybadger for:
- Uptime monitoring – checking your sites & services externally from different locations in the world and notifying you if they're down
- Check-in monitoring – your services & cron jobs check in to Honeybadger and it notifies you if they go missing
Since Honeybadger is a monitoring service, it best works combined with deployment actions. You can, however, expand the pipeline to build and test your application before the delivery. The pipeline below represents an end-to-end delivery pipeline for a Node.js application—with an automatic notification to Honeybadger upon every release:
Pipeline with Honeybadger monitoring
- Log in to Honeybadger and go to User Settings
Head to Authentication and copy your Honeybadger API Token:
Getting API token from Honeybadger
- Go to the pipeline that you want to track in Buddy
- Click + at the end of the pipeline and select Honeybadger from Notifications.
A pop-up will appear. Enter the name of your Honeybadger account and paste the key:
Adding Honeybadger integration
When authenticated, select the project and fill the environment field (you can use Buddy parameters for that).
TIP: Click here for the full list of Buddy parameters
Congratulations! You have just successfully added Honeybadger to your delivery workflow.
WARNING: Buddy is 100% customer driven. If there's a feature or integration you miss, let us know on the livechat or directly at email@example.com.
Customer Success Manager