You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action uploads your files from Buddy’s pipeline filesystem to Azure App Service, the Microsoft’s platform as a service (PaaS) environment letting developers easily publish and manage websites.
How it works
The action pushes the repository, including files generated by previous actions and saved to the pipeline’s filesystem, to selected branch in Azure App.
To connect the action with the Azure App Service, go to your web app’s blade and click Overview. There will be a Get publish profile link on the top. Click it to download the XML file with publishing data. Select the Azure action and paste the following values from the downloaded XML file:
- publishURL: publishData//publishProfile//publishUrl
- login: userName with a $ sign
- password: userPWD
Make sure to provide the data from the publish profile with
Azure App Service Action Features
- By default the action uses
.gitignorefrom the repository, but it’s possible to set custom
.gitignorein the action settings. The option could be used to push artifacts that we don’t want to store in the repository
- If Don't deploy changes made by previous actions is set, changes made by other actions in the pipeline filesystem will be ignored (like changed the files or generated artifacts)
- When Without force is selected, this action will fail on conflicts
- App service deployment branch: by default, Buddy pushes your changes to the master branch in the Azure repository from which the deployment is made. Do not change it unless you have changed the deployment branch in Azure’s settings
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Azure App Service YAML parameters and Azure App Service YAML config example
- Buddy's Azure App Service API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution, or if an environment variable has a specific value
More about Azure App Service
Do more with Azure App Service
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Azure App Service with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.