You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action uploads your files from a Git / GitHub / Bitbucket repository or Buddy’s pipeline filesystem to Rackspace Cloud Files, the online object storage for files and media.
How it works
The action is aware of what is currently on the server and will upload only what has changed between revisions/pushes. It uploads new files, updates the changed ones, and deletes everything what has been deleted in the repository. The same goes for the deploys from the pipeline's filesystem: only changes between executions are deployed.
The action uses Rackspace Cloud API for the integration which can be found in the Rackspace’s Dashboard on the
My Profile & Settings page. Once the integration is established, the action allows for selecting Rackspace’s region and container to transfer files to.
Rackspace Cloud Action Features
- The first execution deploys everything from scratch by default. It's possible to avoid it if you provide the
Current Revisionin the
- If you roll back by selecting a previously deployed revision, the action will deploy what is necessary to revert the site to the previous state
- For static and configuration files that shouldn’t be under Git’s version control, use pipeline filesystem. Once files are uploaded there, you can use this action to upload the files to a server
- It’s possible to exclude paths and file types from transfer using patterns, specific directories and file names.
- Input fields:
RemotePathsupport Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Rackspace YAML parameters and Rackspace YAML config example
- Buddy's Rackspace API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
More about Rackspace
Do more with Rackspace
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Rackspace with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.