You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action uploads your files from a Git / GitHub / Bitbucket repository or Buddy’s pipeline filesystem to DigitalOcean Droplets.
How it works
The action uses Buddy’s OAuth integration with DigitalOcean account to list available droplets. Once it's set up, it allows for selecting a droplet to deploy to. It also uses Buddy’s SFTP client to connect to the selected droplet and upload new and changed files. The action is changeset-based, it means that it only uploads new or changed files between deployments.
DigitalOcean Action Features
- Directories with unversioned files (e.g. uploaded manually) will not be deleted from the server if they are deleted in the repository
- The first execution deploys everything from scratch by default. If you have legacy files on the server, you can provide the Current Revision in the pipeline settings
- If you roll back by selecting a previously deployed revision, the action will deploy what is necessary to revert the site to the previous state
- You can provide the URL of the target server in the pipeline settings so it can be easily opened in a browser from the pipelines list
- Poor & dropped connections are handled by automatic retries. The retries will continue in case the connection drops
- The tool supports multithreading to speed up deployments
- If several actions are connecting to the same server, use Environment Variables to manage user & password credentials instead of providing fixed values in the inputs
- Once correct login details are provided, it is possible to browse the remote server and select the
Remote path(target path for the deployments) from Buddy’s UI instead of typing it manually
- Sometimes it helps to select the passive mode for the connection, e.g. when the target server is behind a firewall or the connection isn't stable enough
- Buddy supports passwords, SSH keys, and Buddy's SSH keys as a means of authentication. Passphrases are supported, too
- You can define SSH keys as ENV VARs and select them in the action details for authentication
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See DigitalOcean Droplet YAML parameters and DigitalOcean Droplet YAML config example
- Buddy's DigitalOcean Droplet API is supported
More about DigitalOcean Droplet
Do more with DigitalOcean Droplet
Buddy allows you to instantly connect DigitalOcean Droplet with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.