Discord - Features, integrations, alternatives & more
What it does
This action sends notifications to Discord channel about pipelines events and their statuses. Teams have embraced Discord as an alternative to Skype and TeamSpeak.
How it works
This action connects with Discord using its API and pushes messages about pipeline executions to the selected channel.
Discord Action Features
- A message can be custom-crafted using environment variables
- It’s possible to add embeded content and attachments, like images
- Input fields: Channel supports ENV VARs
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Discord YAML parameters and Discord YAML config example
- Buddy's Discord API is supported
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action