You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action executes AWS CLI commands. The AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) is a unified tool to manage AWS services. With just one tool to download and configure, it’s possible to control multiple AWS services from the command line and automate them through scripts.
How it works
The action launches a container with preinstalled AWS CLI, which is Ubuntu 18.04. Once launched, it’s already authorized against the AWS account and region provided in the action settings. The container has mounted the pipeline filesystem which contains pulled repository.
- The action is marked as failed when a command exits with non-zero value
- If commands change the variable's value, which is marked as settable on the Environment variables tab, the new value will be passed to the next actions
- Commands are run in the working directory by default, which is a mounted pipelines filesystem
- The result of the action execution (Artifacts) is saved to the pipeline filesystem and can be deployed by another action
Storage Action Features
- The field Run commands supports multiple commands (one per line), piping commands together, or splitting a single command into multiple lines with (backslash) at the end of each line
- The commands support environment Variables
- Support for multiple commands, one per line
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See AWS CLI YAML parameters and AWS CLI YAML config example
- Buddy's AWS CLI API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
More about AWS CLI
Do more with AWS CLI
Buddy allows you to instantly connect AWS CLI with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.