You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action sends notifications to Slack channels about pipelines events and their status. Teams have embraced Slack to be able to quickly understand the health of their builds and deployments.
How it works
This action connects with Slack using OAuth integration and pushes messages about pipeline executions to a selected channel.
Slack Action Features
- A message can be customized with environment variables
- Attachments are supported
- A notification can be sent either as a direct message or to a channel
- Many Slack workspaces are supported – for each of them another Slack integration must be added
- Rich layouts and building blocks are supported
- It’s possible to attach files from the pipeline filesystem such as logs
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Slack YAML parameters and Slack YAML config example
- Buddy's Slack API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
More about Slack
Do more with Slack
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Slack with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.