You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action executes SSH commands on a remote server.
How it works
Buddy connects to a remote server using its SSH client.
SSH Action Features
- The field Run commands supports multiple commands (one per line), piping commands together, or splitting a single command into multiple lines with (backslash) at the end of each line
- The commands support Environment Variables
- By default, the commands are executed as a regular script. You can choose between SH or BASH specific syntax.
- If you switch off the "Run as a script" mode, the commands will be executed one by one in a separate shell session for each command line. For example if a working directory will be changed in a one line, it won’t be in the another.
- Authentication modes: Password, Private SSH key, Buddy’s SSH key
- It’s possible to select working directory (by default it is user’s home directory)
- By default, the action is marked as failed when a command exits with non-zero value
- Lines are executed from top to bottom, one command per line. If a command fails, the next line will not be executed and the action will fail. It's possible to choose behavior on a command error: stop execution of whole pipeline and mark it as failed or ignore the errors and continue
- Input fields: Source Path, Hostname, Port, Login, Password, RemotePath support ENV VARs
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See SSH YAML parameters and SSH YAML config example
- Buddy's SSH API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
Do more with SSH
Buddy allows you to instantly connect SSH with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.