You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action executes SSH commands on a remote server.
How it works
Buddy connects to a remote server using its SSH client.
SSH Action Features
- The field
Run commandssupports multiple commands (one per line), piping commands together, or splitting a single command into multiple lines with (backslash) at the end of each line
- The commands support Environment Variables
- By default, the commands are executed as a regular script. You can choose between SH or BASH specific syntax.
- If you switch off the "Run as a script" mode, the commands will be executed one by one in a separate shell session for each command line. For example if a working directory will be changed in a one line, it won’t be in the another.
- Authentication modes: Password, Private SSH key, Buddy’s SSH key
- It’s possible to select working directory (by default it is user’s home directory)
- By default, the action is marked as failed when a command exits with non-zero value
- Lines are executed from top to bottom, one command per line. If a command fails, the next line will not be executed and the action will fail. It's possible to choose behavior on a command error: stop execution of whole pipeline and mark it as failed or ignore the errors and continue
- Input fields:
RemotePathsupport ENV VARs
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See SSH YAML parameters and SSH YAML config example
- Buddy's SSH API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
Do more with SSH
Buddy allows you to instantly connect SSH with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.