You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action finds & replaces strings in a specified file in the pipeline filesystem. Often used to generate configuration files with pipeline variables from templates stored in the repository.
How it works
This action works like Find & Replace function in text editors. It’s possible to provide unlimited number of strings to find and replace them.
Good to know
This action not only supports one path at a time, but it also supports directories so that it searches & replaces strings in all files under a specified path. If you need to search for more paths, you need to add this action for every file each.
Find & Replace Action Features
- Replace values support both single-line and multi-line strings
- Values also accept Environment Variables ($) that can be used for version numbering or managing secrets that shouldn’t be stored in a repository.
- Input fields: Source Path, Replacements (name)support Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Find & Replace YAML parameters and Find & Replace YAML config example
- Buddy's Find & Replace API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
Do more with Find & Replace
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Find & Replace with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.