You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action builds Docker image using Dockerfile. It’s also possible to use this action to push a built image to a Docker registry.
How it works
The action runs
Docker build command in a context of a pipeline filesystem. If details to a private Docker registry are provided in the action's Options, the connection to the registry is established before the
Docker build command is executed.
Docker Build Image Action Features
- Support for pulling and pushing from Docker Hub Private, Amazon ECR, Google GCR and own private registry
- It’s possible to push the built image to all supported Docker registries
- Support for pushing an image with multiple tags (if delivery to a Docker registry is enabled)
- Multi-stage builds
- It’s possible to run built image in the next pipeline steps (Run Docker Image or as a custom service attached to an action)
- Settable context. The docker build command builds Docker images from a Dockerfile and a “context”. A build’s context is a set of files located in the specified path. The build process can refer to any of the files in the context.
- Support for Build arguments: it’s possible to pass arguments on build-time that are accessed, like regular environment variables in the RUN instruction of the Dockerfile. The build arguments support Buddy Params
- By default, the action removes cache layers that are not used anymore. If you want to keep it anyway, use the Don’t prune old layers option
- It’s possible to build up to certain Docker image layer using Target build stage option. When building a Dockerfile with multiple build stages, --target can be used to specify an intermediate build stage by name as a final stage for the resulting image. Commands after the target stage will be skipped.
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Build Docker Image YAML parameters and Build Docker Image YAML config example
- Buddy's Build Docker Image API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
Do more with Build Docker Image
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Build Docker Image with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.