You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
FTPS action uploads your files from the Git repository or the pipeline filesystem to an FTP server. The pipeline filesystem contains files fetched from the repository, repository files overwritten by the pipeline actions, artifacts generated by the actions and static files uploaded to the filesystem which shouldn’t be in the repository.
How it works
The action is aware of what is currently on the server and will upload only what has been changed. It uploads new files, updates the changed ones and deletes everything what has been removed in the repository or the filesystem. The same goes for the deploys from the pipeline filesystem: only changes between executions are deployed.
FTPS Action Features
- Directories with unversioned files (e.g. uploaded manually) will not be deleted from the server if they are deleted in the repository
- The first execution deploys everything from scratch by default. If you have legacy files on the server, you can provide the Current Revision in the pipeline settings
- If you roll back by selecting a previously deployed revision, the action will deploy what is necessary to revert the site to the previous state
- You can provide the URL of the target server in the pipeline settings so it can be easily opened in a browser from the pipelines list
- Poor & dropped connections are handled by automatic retries. The retries will continue in case the connection drops
- The tool supports multithreading to speed up deployments
- If several actions are connecting to the same server, use Environment Variables to manage user & password credentials instead of providing fixed values in the inputs
- Once correct login details are provided, it is possible to browse the remote server and select the
Remote path(target path for the deployments) from Buddy’s UI instead of typing it manually
- Sometimes it helps to select the passive mode for the connection, e.g. when the target server is behind a firewall or the connection isn't stable enough
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See FTPS YAML parameters and FTPS YAML config example
- Buddy's FTPS API is supported
More about FTPS
Do more with FTPS
Buddy allows you to instantly connect FTPS with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.