You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action invalidates objects cached on Amazon CloudFront, the fast content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment.
How it works
The action uses Buddy’s dedicated integration with an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account. The action can work on changesets - it means that it may only invalidate new or changed files between deployments. It is best to place it at the end of the pipeline after the deployment actions.
Amazon CloudFront Action Features
- It's possible to select different purge modes: purge everything, purge files basing on the repository changeset or purge files basing on the filesystem changeset
- By default, the action ends as soon as it sends invalidation request but it can be setup with a timeout from 5 to 30 minutes before proceeding to the next step in the pipeline. If the invalidation doesn’t finish before the timeout ends, it will fail.
- For changeset based invalidation there is a Requests limit option as invalidation requests can be very expensive, so make sure to set the limit in order to protect your budget. If the number of files to invalidate exceeds that limit, Buddy will purge all files in this distribution instead of invalidating every single file
- Path prefix: The value of this field is pasted to the repository path before the invalidation. For example, if you have a file
assets/style.cssin the repository, and you set the path prefix to
/myawesomeapp, the action will invalidate the path
- Input fields: BaseURL, Source Path support Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See CloudFront YAML parameters and CloudFront YAML config example
- Buddy's CloudFront API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
More about CloudFront
Do more with CloudFront
Buddy allows you to instantly connect CloudFront with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.