You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action triggers an HTTP endpoint also called a webhook. It is mostly used to connect Buddy pipelines with a 3rd party services.
How it works
The action requests a URL in a way defined in the Action Settings. It waits for the sever response. In case of the response error or time-out, the whole pipeline execution will be marked as failed.
HTTP Request Action Features
- Both HTTP and HTTPS are supported
- POST, PUT, PATCH, GET, DELETE methods are supported
- Full support for HTTP Basic Authentication
- Any Payload can be defined and it supports Environment Variables and Buddy Params
- It’s possible to specify request headers and their values
- Timeout option sets maximum time for the action to wait for a response - it's 60 seconds by default
- Input fields:
ContentTypesupport Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See HTTP Request YAML parameters and HTTP Request YAML config example
- Buddy's HTTP Request API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
Do more with HTTP Request
Buddy allows you to instantly connect HTTP Request with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.