You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action pushes commits from Git repository connected with Buddy (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, private Git server) or from Buddy’s built-in Git server to another repository with or without artifacts saved to the pipeline’s filesystem.
How it works
The action pushes a revision to a remote branch with which it was executed. By default, it pushes from the pipeline filesystem. It means that it will also push a commit containing artifacts that were generated in the filesystem by previous pipeline steps.
Git Push Action Features
- It’s possible to include pushing tags
- If Don't deploy changes made by previous action is set, changes made by other actions in the pipeline filesystem, will be ignored like changed files or generated artifacts
- The action uses
.gitignorefrom the repository by default, but it’s possible to set custom
.gitignorein the action settings. The option could be used to push artifacts that we don’t want to store in the repository
- It’s possible to select different branch to push
- When Without force is selected, this action will fail on conflicts
- Commit message for committed artifacts is settable
- Both, HTTP and SSH authentication are supported
- Input fields: URL, Login, Password, Commit Message support Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Git Push YAML parameters and Git Push YAML config example
- Buddy's Git Push API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution, or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
More about Git Push
Do more with Git Push
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Git Push with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.