You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This service attaches a custom service to an action from the Build, Build Tools & Task Runners, Static Site Generators category. Buddy offers a wide variety of predefined services. Sometimes, however we might be missing an integration vital to user's process. With "Custom Service" features it is possible to add and configure your own service and use it in your Buddy builds.
How it works
Custom service runs as a separate container but in the same network as the action to which is attached. This includes other services attached to the action. Buddy runs main action commands only once the service is fully initialized. The service is terminated once the action is completed. The service is cacheable it means data generated and stored by the service can be set persistent between action executions.
Custom Service service features:
- Hostname - ID that will be used by other services to connect to this one
- Docker Image - registry, image and it's version
- Container CMD - commands to run and filesystem to mount
- Wait for port - waits for the service to run on the set port
- You can use an image previously built by an action in the pipeline using 'Use Docker image built in previous action' option
- You can cache data using either, the pipeline's filesystem or a defined path
More about Custom ServiceCustom services blog post
Do more with Custom Service
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Custom Service with 32 actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.