You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action stops pipeline execution and ask a user if the pipeline should proceed. The pipeline execution is paused until approval is given . It allows an easy switch between continuous delivery and continuous deployment scenarios and creates multi-level deployment acceptance rules.
How it works
Once this action is triggered, it displays a dialog box in Buddy UI which asks a user to either proceed with remaining actions or to terminate the further pipeline execution.
Good to know
In the pipeline that is waiting for manual approvalthe background is blue and contains a Proceed button instead of the default Run button. Once you click it, a dialog box will be displayed allowing a user to decide what to do next. Also, pipelines paused by the Wait for approval action are not counted towards the limit of concurrent pipelines set in the workspace plan.
If a pipeline is pending for approval and is triggered once more for another revision, it will be run from the beginning and will stop on the approval step yet again. In such a case it should be noted that it’s not possible to approve the execution that isn’t the latest.
Wait for approval Action Features
- It’s possible to specify a question or a message that a user should see to remind him what to do, what to check or what to look for before allowing the remaining actions to proceed.
- It’s possible to specify who can approve the execution by choosing users or a group of users.
- It’s possible to use Environment Variables in the Question field.
- The information about who and when approved an execution is saved to the action logs.
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Wait for approval YAML parameters and Wait for approval YAML config example
- Buddy's Wait for approval API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
Do more with Wait for approval
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Wait for approval with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.