You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action runs a Pod on a Kubernetes cluster. Pods are the smallest deployable units of computing that can be created and managed in Kubernetes. They are most often used in CI/CD workflows for database migrations.
How it works
This action executes
kubectl apply against a K8s cluster to run a pob using provided YAML. Then, it runs
kubectl describe to check if the pod was completed and with what result (up to 90 minutes).
Kubernetes Run Pod Action Features
- Supported clusters: Private, Google Kubernetes Engine, Amazon EKS and Azure AKS
- Supported authentication modes: Basic, Token, Client Certificates & Service Account
- It’s possible to use Pod YAML from the pipeline filesystem or define it in the action settings, so it can be generated by the action executed before the Kubernetes Run Pod action
- Any version of Kubectl is supported including the latest
- In Options you can find the option Don’t remove jobs. If selected, the action will not perform spring cleaning of old jobs.
- In Options you can find the option Don’t wait. If selected, the action won’t wait for the run job to complete.
- There are different Record modes supported: update the existing annotation value only if one already exists, Record the command and Don’t record the command
- Input fields: Server, Username, Password, YAML support Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Run Kubernetes Pod YAML parameters and Run Kubernetes Pod YAML config example
- Buddy's Run Kubernetes Pod API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since las execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
Do more with Run Kubernetes Pod
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Run Kubernetes Pod with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.