MongoDB - Features, integrations, alternatives & more
What it does
This service attaches MongoDB to an action from the Build, Build Tools & Task Runners, Static Site Generators category. MongoDB is a community-developed open-source NoSQL document-oriented database program that uses JSON-like documents with database schema.
How it works
The MongoDB service runs as a separate container but in the same network as the action to which is attached. This includes other services attached to the action. Buddy runs main action commands only once the service is fully initialized. There is no need to check MongoDB availability on your own. The service is terminated once the action is completed. The service is cacheable it means data generated and stored by the service can be set persistent between action executions.
How to connect to the service from the action, example:
mongo --host=mongo:27017 script.js
"mongodb" is a default hostname for the service (settable in the service options)
MongoDB service features:
- Version setting including latest tag (the versions are pulled from Docker Hub)
- Hostname setting for connecting between action and other services
- The port is fixed (27017) and can’t be changed
- Setting Container CMD which will overwrite default Cassandra start command. It allows to use advances settings provided by the MongoDB Docker image.
- Cache database between executions flag. Use this option to speed up your exactions if no fresh or clean MongoDB instance is required.