You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
AWS Lambda allows developers to run their code without the burden of managing servers, all it takes is deploying your function code while AWS handles the rest. This action triggers AWS Lambda Function which is already deployed on the serverless compute platform.
How it works
The action uses Buddy’s dedicated integration with an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account. Once it's set up, it allows for selecting AWS Lambda Function to trigger. Check a list of AWS policies required by this integration.
AWS Lambda Action Features
- It’s possible to provide payload in JSON that will be sent to the triggered function as input
- Client context: Data about the invoking client to pass to the function in the context object. Buddy encodes it to base64
- Invocation type:
- RequestResponse (default) - Invokes the function synchronously. Keeps the connection open until the function returns a response or times out. The API response includes the function response and additional data.
- Event - Invokes the function asynchronously. Sends events that fail multiple times to the function's dead-letter queue (if it's configured). The API response includes a status code only.
- DryRun - Validates parameter values and verifies that the user or role has permission to invoke the function.
- Log type: tail. Once enabled, it will include the execution log in the response
- Qualifier: Specifies a version or alias to invoke a published version of the function
- Input fields: Qualifier supports Environment variables
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See AWS Lambda Trigger YAML parameters and AWS Lambda Trigger YAML config example
- Buddy's AWS Lambda Trigger API is supported
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
More about AWS Lambda Trigger
Do more with AWS Lambda Trigger
Buddy allows you to instantly connect AWS Lambda Trigger with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.