You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
Dockerfile linter lets you verify Dockerfile syntax to make sure it corresponds to the best practices for building efficient Docker images.
How it works
The action can be configured by selecting the Dockerfile from the filesystem and the shell in which the instructions will be analyzed (
If the linter finds incorrect code that can affect security or performance of the Docker image, it will stop the execution and mark the pipeline as failed.
Dockerfile Linter Action Features
- The tool is very thorough and returns all types of errors. However, it is possible to select some error types to be ignored by linter
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Dockerfile Linter YAML parameters and Dockerfile Linter YAML config example
- Buddy's Dockerfile Linter API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
Do more with Dockerfile Linter
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Dockerfile Linter with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.