You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action runs a Docker container using the image built by the action in the previous pipeline or from the provided Docker registry.
How it works
The action executes
docker run and waits for the container to finish. If it doesn’t finish in 90 minutes, it is terminated.
Build Image Action Features
- It’s possible to overwrite a Dockerfile CMD with a different command in the action settings
- The action supports attaching pipeline filesystem at provided mount path. The pipeline filesystem contains files fetched from the repository, repository files overwritten by pipeline actions, artifacts generated by actions and static files uploaded to the filesystem which shouldn’t be in the repository.
- Settable User: All build commands are run by the default user defined in the selected image. If you want, you can define a different user (on the condition that this user exists in the selected image).
- Support for environment files, Buddy Params and SSH Keys
- Input fields: Login, Password, Image, Version support Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Run Docker Image YAML parameters and Run Docker Image YAML config example
- Buddy's Run Docker Image API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
Do more with Run Docker Image
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Run Docker Image with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.