You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action asks user via Buddy web UI to pass arguments to pipeline for other actions to use.
How it works
Once the action is triggered, it pauses pipeline execution and waits for the user to pass arguments. Once the action is triggered, the pipeline's
Run button changes its name to
Proceed. User is supposed to click it and pass required arguments.
Good to know
If you don’t want Buddy to store your sensitive data, like passwords, you can use this action so the password needs to be provided every time. Parameters created in the action are treated by Buddy like any other Environment Variables so they can be accessed by other actions with $param_name both in commands and input fields in the UI. That being said, the parameters are more important than Environment Variables, so if they are both of the same name, the value from the action’s parameters will be always used.
Pass Arguments Action Features
- There are two types of inputs:
- For inputs, both single-line and multi-line values of arguments are supported
- Infinite number of parameters is supported
- Default values can be set for each parameter and for drop-downs, the default value is always the first one
Drop-down options can be fixed, specified in action settings, or pulled from a file in the filesystem. For both, only single-line values of arguments are supported
Values can be encrypted so they won’t be stored in the action execution logs
Dedicated permission settings in the action can be used to specify who can provide the parameters and resume the pipeline execution
- A description for the pass arguments call can be set. It will be displayed above the list of parameters when executed and can provide additional information for the arguments to be provided by a user.
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Pass arguments YAML parameters and Pass arguments YAML config example
- Buddy's Pass arguments API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
Do more with Pass arguments
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Pass arguments with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.