September 18, 2020
How to deploy React.js with no downtime
On Wednesday, September 16, we held our first webinar on our YouTube Channel. The webinar covered delivery automation of React applications with special emphasis on zero-downtime deployment, followed by a Q&A section in which we answered questions from the community.
You can follow the timestamps below the video to jump to the desired moment.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:22 – Pipeline overview
- 03:10 – Creating new project
- 04:30 – Pipeline configuration (deployment branch, trigger modes)
- 06:43 – Build configuration
- 10:19 – Pipeline filesystem
- 11:10 – Deployment configuration
- 15:01 – Zero-downtime deployment configuration
- 19:38 – Creating STAGING environment
- 22:24 – Adding manual approval step
- 24:13 – Notifications
- 28:39 – Conditional notifications
- 30:52 – Debugging actions in terminal
- 31:44 – Summary
- 34:04 – Q&A #1: YAML configuration
- 37:05 – Q&A #2: Static site deployment to AWS S3
- 41:08 – Q&A #3: iOS deployments
- 42:58 – Q&A #4: Docker in Buddy
- 46:33 – Q&A #5: Sandboxes
The next webinar will be held in about a month and will cover the new Buddy Sandboxes – we will inform you when the registration starts!
Customer Success Manager
A story-teller and conversation-lover, Alexander decided to invest his skills to help his friends at Buddy transform the cold language of patch notes into exciting narratives. Also: an avid gamer, hip-hop DJ, Liverpool FC fan, absentminded husband, and the father of two.