You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
This action creates one or more Pods and ensures that a specified number of them successfully terminate using Kubernetes Jobs. A simple case is to create one Job object in order to reliably run one Pod to completion. The Job object will start a new Pod if the first Pod fails or is deleted (for example due to a node hardware failure or a node reboot).
How it works
This action executes
kubectl apply against a K8s cluster to run a job using provided YAML. Then, it runs
kubectl describe to check if the job was completed and with what result (up to 90 minutes).
Kubernetes Run Job Action Features
- It’s possible to use Job YAML from the pipeline filesystem or define it in the action settings, so it can be generated by the action executed before the Run Job action
- Supported clusers: Private, Google Kubernetes Engine, Amazon EKS and Azure AKS clusters
- Supported authentication modes: Basic, Token, Client Certificates & Service Account
- Any version of Kubectl is supported including the latest
- In Options you can find the option Don’t remove jobs. If selected, the action will not perform spring cleaning of old jobs. Most often used to debug failed jobs.
- In Options you can find the option Don’t wait. If selected, the action won’t wait for the run job to complete.
- There are different Record modes supported: update the existing annotation value only if one already exists, Record the command and Don’t record the command
- Input fields: Server, Username, Password, YAML support Environment variables
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Run Kubernetes Job YAML parameters and Run Kubernetes Job YAML config example
- Buddy's Run Kubernetes Job API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since las execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
- API token
Do more with Run Kubernetes Job
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Run Kubernetes Job with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.