You use lots of tools to get web & app development done. Buddy creates more time in your day by helping you automate those tools.
What it does
The Android App Bundle is Google Play's new serving model which generates and serves APKs for individual user configuration. Buddy lets developers automatically sign and push Bundles on every change to code.
How it works
The action identifies a signed app Bundle in the pipeline filesystem and pushes it to Google Play Store.
Google Play Bundle features
- Support for internal, alpha, beta, rollout & production tracks
- Support for Main & Patch expansion files
- Mapping file: path to a mapping file that can be generated in a previous pipeline step
- Changelog: path to a changelog file that can be generated in a previous pipeline step
- Support for Supersede versions: if enabled, Buddy will automatically disable newer versions in lower tracks before deploying to a selected track
- For track rollout it's possible to select user faction, the portion of the users who should get the staged rollout version of a Bundle
- The action can be configured in YAML mode. See Google Play Bundle YAML parameters and Google Play Bundle YAML config example
- Buddy's Google Play Bundle API is supported
- The action supports conditional execution: it can be run on each execution, only if there are changes in the repository or specific paths since last execution or if an environment variable has a specific value
- Error handling: you can either stop the execution, mark action and pipeline as failed or proceed the execution, mark action as warning and jump to the next action
More about Google Play Bundle
Do more with Google Play Bundle
Buddy allows you to instantly connect Google Play Bundle with 100+ actions to automate your development and build better apps faster.