April 2, 2020
New feature: Layout Blocks in Slack notifications
Although the recent COVID-19 turmoil has catapulted MS Teams as the frontrunner among messaging services, Slack remains the most popular solution among non-corporate teams. Recently, the service decided to abandon message attachments in favor of layout blocks. With this week's release, we are adding this functionality to our Slack action.
Slack action details with layout switch
What you need to know
- All actions configured before March 31, 2020, will still use attachments
- You can switch existing actions to the layout blocks at any time
- All new Slack actions only support layout blocks
- Attachments will be supported for as long as Slack doesn't declare them obsolete
- If you wish to continue using attachments, you can clone existing actions
Switching to layout blocks will NOT convert the message 1:1. Instead, the default Buddy template will be applied. Make sure to refill it with the same data that you had before! Buddy layout blog template
Buddy is 100% customer driven. If there’s a feature or integration you miss, let us know in the comments below or directly at email@example.com.
Customer Success Manager
A story-teller and conversation-lover, Alexander decided to invest his skills to help his friends at Buddy transform the cold language of patch notes into exciting narratives. Also: an avid gamer, hip-hop DJ, Liverpool FC fan, absentminded husband, and the father of two.